- They are all handmade in the good ol' US of A [Tangent: Ohio, more specifiically.] by sassy lass Natalie Dee and are part of the ever-growing indie polish movement...meaning the product is quality controlled.
- The contents of each bottle is 4-Free, with no Formaldehyde, Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, or Formaldehyde resin. Previously, I had no inkling that the fumes and toxins in some nail polishes are believed to contain carcinogens. NO BUENO! [Tangent: Read more about the hows and the whys here. I nearly failed chemistry in high school, so I will not pretend to be a chemist.]
|Clockwise from top: Cannibal, Plip, Blitz, Dusted , Weird Girl|
[Disclaimer: Although, they are all vibrant and yummy in these shots, trust these five shades are prettier in person. We are currently in a 7 inning stretch of dreary days and my natural lighting is bad. Also, despite the fact that I did you a solid and pushed back my gross cuticles, know that I am not a hand model...I just play one in this blog.]
|the most cliche picture ever posted on my blog|
Probably my hands down [Tangent: Pun not intended] favorite is Weird Girl. It is fantastic and will probably become my new neutral. [Tangent: My mother would surely shudder at the thought that something deemed "Light concrete grey, with gold/red/purple opalescence" is the new taupe, but it is, mom. Deal with it!] On the manicure below, I used the Wishful Thinking top coat from the Super Black hologram collection to do an accent nail. [Tangent: This shade is seriously one of the greatest inventions of modern times because it can change the look of any existing shade and instantly hologram-ify them.] I guarantee you no one noticed it or gave a shit, but I couldn't stop looking at how pretty it was all day...especially in natural sunlight.
Since my review a few months back, I can affirm that the Super Black product has indeed improved considerably in a few key areas. Although I was kind of in love with the hologram colors I painted myself with before, there were a couple downfalls to the product that have since been addressed. After wearing it a day or two, it previously began to peel a bit in sheets. Also, I was let down that there were no stickers on the polish to denote the color name. These things have been tweaked. The formula is longer lasting, and the shade names are now clearly printed on the bottom of those hefty .61 fl oz bottles of purty polish.
Because I am a steadfast champion of any person that is doing the damn thing and making cool products, I want to share the goodness with some of you fine folks. So, guess what that means??? GIVEAWAY TIME!
Next monday, July 29th, I will be giving away 2 bottles from the 2013 Summer Collections from Super Black:
Cannibal (touted as the best classic red you will ever purchase) and Dusted (a grapey shade with sea green shimmer)! Because all of the colors are made in small batches, by hand, they tend to sell out, so who knows if these will even be available next week.
All you need to do is:
- Like That Girl on the Wheelchair on Facebook [Tangent: If you already do so, tell me in your comment below]
- Like Super Black Lacquers on Facebook
- Like Natalie Dee on Facebook [Tangent: If you already do so, tell me below]
- Visit the Super Black site and tell me in the comments which one you would consider painting your car with and what song you would blast from your speakers as you cruise in it. [Tangent: yeah, you heard that correctly. I really try to throw you some curve balls...and at least this will be entertaining for me to read.]
Happy polishing, mother truckers! I'll leave you with some goodness from my BFF, Natalie Dee.