Rosa, or Roz, is a the lovely lass who nominated me for the Liebster. She is a crazy good illustrator [Tangent: If you follow me on instagram you may remember that amazing donut mermaid print I ordered from her Etsy.] and although I have never met her, I know we would get along because she seems to live her life with obsessive excitement. She dedicates her blog every Friday to Michael Fassbender after all.
• Thank the person who nominated you by linking to their blog.
• Answer the 11 questions the nominator gave to you.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
• Create 11 questions for your nominees.
• Let your nominees know by getting in touch with them.
1. favorite pizza topping?
I generally just get meat and sausage because my boyfriend is whatever the opposite of a vegetarian is...but I like a good pizza loaded with spinach and mushrooms and...well yeah, pepperoni.
2. what did you want to be when you were little?
I wanted to be a pediatric orthopedic surgeon or a QVC hostess.
3. what famous male do you fancy the most?
Oh man. This is hard. I will go with Paul Rudd...but I am strangely mystified by the cheekbones of Mr. Cumberbatch.
4. who is your favorite cartoon character?
Ralph Wiggum or Tina Belcher [Tangent: Although my current favorite is Bojack Horseman. Jamie and I have been watching that on Netflix and even typing it, I now have the end credits theme in my head.]
5. if you could have coffee/tea with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be?
Probably my grandparents who I never got to meet.
6. your favorite place to be?
Is the beach a total cliche? Who cares...I am picking it. North Carolina beaches specifically.
7. what do you collect? or would like to collect?
I don't collect many things intentionally anymore, but I amass things like scarves, nail polish, tshirts and ballet flats. Oh and I own upwards of 40 cardigans. That's insane.
8. what/who inspires you?
Anyone who puts themselves out there for something they love.
9. what film do you relate to the most? or see yourself in.
Oh god, I have no idea. That's really hard. Someone may have to answer this for me.
10. favorite decade?
The 90's, hello!
11. what are your obsessions?
I am obsessed with 90s popular culture, halloween, having my coffee in the morning, mind numbing cell phone apps [Tangent: Currently Relay is rocking my world!] , Netflix, Target dollar aisles, buying things second-hand and about 100 other things.
As for the passing the baton of the Liebster, I nominate everyone on my "blogs I love" list...anyone who is up to the challenge [Tangent: Feel free to chicken shit out. I have before]. I hate narrowing it to 11, so I am calling all ya'll out! Here are your questions, should you accept them.
1. What animal that is not domesticated would you want to domesticate?
2. What is your personal anthem?
3. Favorite Disney movie when you were younger?
4. What is your guiltiest food pleasure?
5. What is your personal favorite blog post (not necessarily the most popular)?
6. What's the most embarrassing thing on your phone?
7. Explain your blog's title
8. Have you ever gotten a trophy? If so , for what?
9. What movie do you know every word to?
10. Most embarrassing movie you have ever paid full price for...
11. What is the last thing you purchased online?
Now, lets go to the hop (OH BABY!) [Tangent: Sorry I am such a tool.] Brittany over at Viva Bang Bang is the gal that nominated me for the blog hop. I met Brittany at a Nashville blogger meetup almost two years ago and she was in the early days of her blog. It has been fun to see her site grow and develop into an awesome resource to learn about really interesting modern artists (that I probably would not know about otherwise). Most of her posts profile someone or something in the design world. [Tangent: In fitting with her minimalist style, she only posed me only two questions...but somehow they were harder to answer than the 11 prior. ]
1. What am I working on?As for the blog, I am working on consistency. I had several off months, and I am trying to write more and develop a reoccurring feature or two. [Tangent: I love when other bloggers do them, but just get easily bored/distracted.] In addition to my App Happy reviews, I am trying to work in my Netflix documentary roundups every month! Now I have an excuse for all my binging. As for other art stuff, I am actually trying to do it more. I just did a painting for my nephew and realized how much I missed the act of mixing paint.
2. Why do I write/create what I do?
I write because I like to and I find it fun. The day this blog turns into a chore, I will stop. There are so many opportunities that blogging has unlocked for me. I'm hungry for more.