- I love talking and rarely do people in my actual life want me to do so. [Tangent: If anything, all I hear is, "Ughh...rewind it. Kimmie was talking and I missed that part of the movie!"]
- I think it's important to put disability in front of kiddos and make it accessible and not scary or strange.
- I did it for my friend Amber's school a few years ago and thought it was super fun...mostly because 6th graders have really great questions like "How do you grocery shop?"
My sister teaches middle school, and from her stories...it is an understatement that I was a little worried that these kids would be rolling their eyes or filing their nails or Kik! messaging or doing something similarly disrespectful while I tried to enlighten them to the wondrous world of disability awareness. [Tangent: My friends on Facebook all urged me to perform a rap...because nothing would make me seem cooler than attempting to get all street in that Catholic school gymnasium!]
|a rendering of what that would look like|
- Do you like Dr. Who?
- Do you keep a garden?
- Are you allowed to keep small pets?
- What do you like to order at Sonic?
- Have you seen American Sniper?